Our Nurse Navigators stand with you—from the moment of diagnosis through treatment and survivorship—to ensure seamless care.
Meet Our Oncology Nurse Navigators
What is a Nurse Navigator?
Nurse Navigators are specialized Registered Nurses who guide patients through their cancer journey. They can provide education and support, and they help connect patients to other supportive services, such as social work or nutritional counseling.
Who can see a Nurse Navigator?
Every patient has access to our Nurse Navigators free of charge. Our Cancer Center is unique in that we have a team of four navigators, each of whom is an expert in one or several types of cancer.
When do I meet my Nurse Navigator? How will she help me?
You will meet your Navigator at the time of your diagnosis. Together, you will determine the best ways to meet your unique physical, social, emotional, and even financial needs.
Ultimately, your Navigator will:
- teach and reinforce information regarding your treatment
- serve as a liaison to your multidisciplinary care team
- advocate for you and your family
- help you determine and overcome barriers to care
- provide psychosocial support
- help you navigate the Middlesex Health system
- connect you to supportive services, such as:
- distress management/social work
- genetic counseling
- nutrition counseling
- transportation services