Our Nurse Navigators stand with you - from the moment of diagnosis through treatment and survivorship - to ensure seamless care.
Nurse Navigators are specialized Registered Nurses who guide patients through their cancer journey. Our Cancer Center is unique in that we have a team of four navigators, each of whom is an expert in one or several types of cancer. Every patient has access to our Nurse Navigators free of charge.
You will meet your Navigator at the time of your diagnosis, and together, you will determine the best ways to meet your unique physical, social, emotional, and even financial needs. Ultimately, your Navigator will:
- teach and reinforce information regarding your treatment
- serve as a liaison to your multidisciplinary care team
- advocate for you and your family
- help you determine and overcome barriers to care
- provide psychosocial support
- help you navigate the Middlesex Health system
- connect you to supportive services, such as:
- distress management/social work
- genetic counseling
- nutrition counseling
- transportation services