Nurse Navigator for Continence & Pelvic Health
Meet Our Nurse Navigator
Our Continence & Pelvic Health Nurse Navigator—Kim Shea, RN, BSN—is specially-trained to guide you through the diagnosis and treatment process for continence and pelvic health concerns.
As your navigator, Kim will:
- be your main point of contact at the Center for Continence and Pelvic Health
- help determine which doctors or other care providers you should see
- provide information about your condition or symptoms
- support and counsel you and your family
What is a Nurse Navigator?
Nurse Navigator has become a common position in health care, but what does it really mean? At the Center for Continence and Pelvic Health, it means that you have someone available to support you and your family as you navigate the health care system.
- Special Training and Clinical Experience: A Nurse Navigator is a highly-trained clinical professional. In addition to being a Registered Nurse, your navigator has special training in pelvic health issues.
- Guidance: When you have bothersome symptoms or a new diagnosis, it can be hard to know what to do next. The Navigator helps you determine where to start. Once you begin treatment or therapy, they can also answer questions you may have.
- Coordination: If you are seeing multiple providers, it can be hard to keep track of your care plan. The Nurse Navigator communicates with you and with your doctors and will help make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.