Bruce Kovalenko, MD is a fellowship-trained interventional radiologist at Radiologic Associates of Middletown and Middlesex Health.
Dr. Kovalenko is certified by the American Board of Radiology in Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. He completed his fellowship in interventional radiology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Kovalenko performed his residency at Bridgeport Hospital, through the Yale University Diagnostic Radiology Residency Training Program. He also completed a residency in internal medicine at Boston University Medical Center. He earned his medical degree from New York University. Dr. Kovalenko is a member of multiple professional societies.
Dr. Kovalenko is especially interested in radiologic cancer treatment, including chemo- and radio-embolization and percutaneous ablation (removal/destruction of tissue) of tumors. He also specializes in:
- uterine artery embolization to treat uterine fibroid disease
- venous access procedures (catheter placements)
- peripheral arterial disease
- permanent and temporary dialysis access
- treatment of peripheral and pulmonary arteriovenous malformation (rare, abnormal connections between pulmonary arteries and veins)
Interventional Oncology (Radiologic Cancer Treatment)