Caring + Personalized
Middlesex Health is committed to providing quality care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning+ members of our community in a safe, friendly and compassionate environment. We understand the challenges in finding appropriate medical care that is free from discrimination or bias. We have developed a comprehensive set of LGBTQ+ clinical services across our health care continuum. We are one of only four health care facilities in the State of Connecticut to be recognized by the Healthcare Equality Index as a LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader.
Services + Programs
Information + Resources
It can be difficult to find high-quality health information online. The Middlesex Health library and knowledge service experts have put together a series of useful and reputable resources for the LGBTQ+ community including helpful guides for navigating the healthcare system.
- Cancer facts for gay and bisexual men (American Cancer Society)
- Cancer facts for lesbians and bisexual women (American Cancer Society)
- For your health: recommendations for gay and bisexual men (CDC)
- Glossary of LGBTQ terms (Human Rights Campaign)
- New sexual orientation and gender identity questions: information for patients (National LGBT Health Education Center)
- Talking to your healthcare providers about being LBGTQ (National LGBT Health Education Center)
- Ten things gay men should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Ten things lesbians should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Ten things transgender persons should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Trans health: fertility and you (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
- Trans health: sexual health for transmen (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
- Trans health: sexual health for transwomen (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
These resources have been prepared by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Nuevas preguntas sobre la orientación sexual y la identidad de género: Información para pacientes
- Pregunte y dígalo: Hable con su proveedor de atención médica sobre ser LGBT
- Salud trans: la fertilidad y usted
- Salud trans: salud sexual para hombres transgénero
- Salud trans: salud sexual para mujeres transgénero
Gathering Information for the Transgender Community to Support Health and Wellbeing
November 2, 2019 from 10 am - 2 pm
Health information + community resources + breakout sessions.
Featuring Tony Ferraiolo, Good Vibrations, Katy Tierney, APRN, and more!