Middlesex Health Marlborough Medical Center, Outpatient Services
Middlesex Health Outpatient Services offer the latest in diagnostic testing and laboratory services, ambulatory surgery options, and rehabilitation and sports medicine services.
Quality, convenient healthcare — that's what you can expect from the Outpatient Services at Middlesex Health. We offer the latest in diagnostic testing and laboratory services, ambulatory surgery options, and rehabilitation and sports medicine services. Our Women’s Imaging Center provides state-of-the-art diagnostic services in a comfortable, private setting. And outpatient physical therapy, lymphedema therapy, speech, and occupational therapy services are provided at facilities throughout Middlesex County.
The skilled, caring medical professionals at the Middlesex Health Marlborough Medical Center use the latest technology to provide award-winning care to the community residents we serve.
Please see below for our full list of services and click the links to learn more about each department.
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Department
Our board-certified physicians and clinical personnel provide a full complement of emergency services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And for an added level of convenience, our SmartER program lets you schedule an emergency room appointment in advance, so you can cut down the amount of time you’ll spend in our waiting room.
We have 12 emergency treatment rooms—with two dedicated to critical patients—and our facility also features isolation and decontamination areas, plus a helipad on site for LifeStar medical helicopter transports.
- Paramedic Services
Middlesex Health paramedics provide critical treatment in the field, working alongside fire and EMS personnel throughout our service area. The Middlesex Health paramedic service is one of only three such hospital–based services in the state.
Middlesex Health paramedics provide emergency medical services to the towns of Marlborough, Colchester, East Haddam and East Hampton, 24 hours a day. Being able to provide these services before a patient in critical condition gets to the Emergency Department is extremely important. Paramedics receive special medical training that enables them to provide an advanced level of emergency medical services.
- Laboratory Services
- Diagnostic Imaging (Radiology)
- Mammography: We offer the latest technology for mammography, including 3D breast imaging.
- Open and Closed MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) uses magnetic fields and radio waves to produce accurate anatomical images that, when aided by a computer, can be viewed from any different angles.
- Ultrasound: High-resolution duplex color Doppler ultrasound uses sound waves to look inside the body, and is frequently used for monitoring fetal development. Technologists certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound and Medicine.
- Tele-Radiology: Advanced digital technology makes real-time consultation possible between radiologists at Middlesex Health and the Marlborough Medical Center, 24 hours a day.
- Digital Fluoroscopy: An X-ray based technology that can assess an organ or body in real time. Typical fluoroscopies include gastrointestinal or barium GI) studies.
- High Speed Multi-Slice CT Scan ("CAT" Scan): CT scans use a computer to enhance X-ray type images. Typical CT scanners create image slices one at a time; our machine creates two images at the same time. Images are then assembled into a very detailed, three-dimensional view.
- Angiography: An x-ray exam of the blood vessels, this procedure is performed to help doctors identify diseased, narrowed, enlarged, and blocked vessels, and to determine where internal bleeding may be occurring.
- Bone Densitometry: A bone density scan, along with a patient's medical history, is a useful aid in evaluating the probability of a fracture or osteoporosis and whether any preventative treatment is needed.
12 Jones Hollow Road
Marlborough, CT 06447