Middlesex Patient Portal FAQs
MyChart is Middlesex Health’s new, easy-to-use online patient portal powered by our Epic medical record system. MyChart creates a single medical and financial record for you, so that you can access your medical information, interact with your providers’ offices, and pay your bill all in one place.
With MyChart, you can:
- Access your medical records
- Access your list of medications and request or renew prescriptions
- Access your immunization (vaccine) records
- Access most lab and test results
- Access appointment information, as well as request appointments with some doctors
- Access Fast Pass, which notifies you if a more convenient appointment time becomes available
- Use eCheck-in to review and update your patient information and complete pre-appointment paperwork online prior to a provider visit
- Communicate with your providers’ offices via confidential electronic messages
- View your billing and insurance information, as well as pay your bill online
- Help family members by linking their MyChart account to yours (with permission, of course)
You will NOT be able to access any behavioral health and/or mental health care information in MyChart.
You can easily create a MyChart account online from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. For detailed instructions or to request support, please click here.
Yes! MyChart is the patient portal feature of Epic, our new online medical record system. Therefore, even if you have an old patient portal at Middlesex, you will have to create a new MyChart account.
Your MyChart account will show approximately three years of "historical" data that has been entered into Epic/MyChart from your existing medical record here at Middlesex.
About Middlesex Health's Previous Patient Portal
For a limited time, you will still be able to access your previous Patient Portal. Please note: your providers will no longer be adding information to your old portal or monitoring the old portal.
Prior to February 29, 2020, Middlesex Health offered a Patient Portal to patients. This portal was based on our old electronic medical record system as has been replaced by Epic/MyChart.
The previous Patient Portal was a free online service that gave you 24/7 access to your health information. It was a secure and convenient way to:
- view information about your Middlesex Hospital visits
- view medications prescribed during your visit
- view allergies identified during your visit
- view immunizations given during your visit
- view lab and diagnostic procedure results
- share your hospital information with your physicians
- be more informed and prepared for planned follow-up care
As of February 29, 2020, you can only sign up for the MyChart patient portal. You can no longer enroll in our previous portal, which was open to patients of Middlesex Hospital with an inpatient stay on or after July 1, 2014.
The Patient Portal uses a secure, encrypted connection that meets the highest industry standards. Your personal and medical information in your Patient Portal is confidential.
Only you or those you authorize will be able to view the information in your Patient Portal.
We will not share, sell, or lease your information. Even though we are no longer updating the previous Patient Portal, your information will remain secure.
Your previous Patient Portal account contains information about certain services provided at Middlesex Health between July 1, 2014 and February 28, 2020.