- Conditions & Care
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Programs & Specialty Services
- Speech-Language & Voice Therapy
Working together to overcome speech, language, and cognition concerns, so you can get back to your life and the activities you love.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists can treat a variety of voice disorders related to illnesses such as:
- head and neck cancer
- spasmodic dysphonia
- vocal nodules and polyps
We also provide voice therapy for transgender patients.
Our expert Speech Therapists can evaluate and treat you for a range of communicative deficits, such as:
- other issues with speech, language, writing and reading skills
We also address cognitive deficits, such as:
- executive functioning
- problem solving skills
Our Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) can evaluate swallowing issues and provide treatments.
Clinical Swallwoing Evaluations
A swallowing evaluation is a clinical test done in an outpatient office or in your hospital room. You will swallow liquids and solids of varying consistency to determine which are safest for you.
There are specific tests, as well, which are equally sensitive in detecting aspiration and pharyngeal impairment.
- Modified Barium Swallow: Available for inpatients and outpatients
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES): Available for inpatients
Your SLP can provide:
- education about safe swallowing techniques
- exercises to increase swallowing function