The Benefits of Integrative Medicine
Did you know that you do not have to be a cancer patient to benefit from Middlesex Health Cancer Center’s integrative medicine program? Anyone can book a therapy session.
Middlesex Health Cancer Center offers acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage therapy, reflexology and Reiki. These therapies can promote relaxation, relieve pain and nausea, help with neuropathy, and improve your state of mind. For many cancer patients, conventional medicine and integrative medicine work hand-in-hand to lessen the symptoms and side effects of cancer and related treatments.
Through its integrative medicine program, Middlesex treats the whole person – their body, mind and spirit. It helps about 3,000 people annually.
About the modalities
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is the stimulation of points on the body with very thin needles to help restore balance; manage symptoms such as pain, nausea and migraines; and decrease stress and anxiety.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy helps you achieve empowerment, reach a natural state of relaxation, tune out distractions and access inner tools for success. It can help with weight loss, smoking cessation, and sleep. It can also help reduce anxiety, depression and pain.
- Massage therapy: Human touch provides relief from depression and anxiety, muscle tension and pain, stress and treatment side effects.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is the stimulation of points on the hands and feet to improve nerve, blood and lymphatic supply. It can help reduce pain and relieve both insomnia and neuropathy.
- Reiki: Reiki uses light touch to promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety and strengthen the immune system.
For more information about integrative medicine, visit middlesexhealth.org. To make an appointment, call 860-358-2000.
Falling ill with food poisoning can ruin any gathering. More than a dozen multistate foodborne disease outbreaks occurred in 2019, ranging from contaminated basil and bison to flour, turkey and tuna.
Deciding to get your hip replaced or repaired is a big decision, but it can be the right choice for those whose hip joint is damaged by a fall, arthritis, or other degenerative joint disorders. At Middlesex Health, expert orthopedic surgeons are available to help make the right choice.