Expertise + Teamwork
Welcome! At Middlesex Health, we believe that our employees are our most valuable resource. Whether you are applying for a position or have just been hired, we look forward to collaborating with you in the employment process.
|Please Note: If you have any trouble with the application process, please email your resume to us directly at email@example.com. Please note that the subject line of your email should contain the Requisition # and Job Title for the position you are applying for.|
The Smarter Choice for Your Career
Middlesex Health is more than a hospital - we are a comprehensive network of expert health care providers. We have locations throughout central Connecticut and the shoreline; facilities include Middlesex Hospital, three outpatient medical centers, three urgent care facilities, two networks of primary care offices, state-of-the art surgical centers, specialty care practices, and more. Our providers are experts in their fields, and they work together through numerous centers and programs to provide integrated, cutting-edge care for our community. This high-quality care is always delivered with the warmth and personal attention patients have come to expect from Middlesex.
More About Middlesex Health
Middlesex Health is proud to have achieved numerous awards and accreditations. Each recognition affirms that our employees are unrelenting in their dedication to superior patient care, as well as in their commitment to community and devotion to continuous improvement of services.
Below, we have highlighted just a few of our achievements, which are only possible because of our exceptional staff. By joining the Middlesex team, you are helping us continue our mission to provide the safest, highest-quality health care and the best experience possible for our community.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME): The Middlesex Health Family Practice Residency Program is ACGME-accredited, which means that our graduates are eligible to sit for their board certification examinations. In addition, Connecticut requires two years of study in an ACGME-accredited residency program for physician licensure.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence: Our diagnostic imaging facilities in Middletown and Westbrook are designated as American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence.
- Commission on Cancer: The Middlesex Health Cancer Center is accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. The Cancer Center is also designated as a Comprehensive Breast Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Health Equity Index: Middlesex Health received the 2017 Healthcare Equity Index LGBTQ Leadership Award for policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of LGBTQ patients.
- Magnet for Nursing Excellence: Through the Magnet Recognition Program®, Middlesex has been awarded Magnet status for nursing excellence four consecutive times. We were the first in Connecticut to earn this prestigious designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, an arm of the American Nurses Association. Please see the Magnet section of this page (below) for a list of programs included in this designation.
Middlesex Health celebrates the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to the provision of care that is inclusive, effective, fair, respectful, and culturally competent.
We strive to provide a culturally inclusive workplace for employees by recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. As an HEI Leader in the care of LGBTQ+ patients and their families, we welcome LGBTQ+ job candidates to join our workforce.
At Middlesex, our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Steering Committee that oversees this work.
Middlesex Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all job applicants and current employees. We welcome, respect, and value each person as an individual, and we base all employment decisions upon the qualifications and abilities of each individual without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally-protected status.
The Human Resources Department encourages you to picture yourself in a valuable role with Middlesex County's leading health care provider! Here, the opportunities are endless.
Please note that the Magnet designation applies to the following locations within Middlesex Health:
- Middlesex Hospital
- Middlesex Health Cancer Center
- Middlesex Hospital Homecare
- Middlesex Hospital Wound and Ostomy Center
- Marlborough Medical Center
- Outpatient Services
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Shoreline Medical Center
- The Bardenheier Medical Training Center
The following areas are NOT included:
- Middlesex Health Family Medicine
- Middlesex Health Primary Care
- One MacDonough Place
- Outpatient Laboratory Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Urgent Care
When you accept a job at Middlesex, you are joining an organization that works together with Mayo Clinic specialists through the Mayo Clinic Care Network (MCCN). As Connecticut's first MCCN member, we are bringing the world's most advanced medical knowledge to our community.
Working at Middlesex Health gains you access to many educational opportunities. For physicians and nurses in particular, this includes conferences, case reviews, Grand Rounds, and lectures that are certified for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit.
Effective September 17th, 2018, we have moved to a new Applicant Tracking System. In order to apply to positions at our organization, you will need to register as a new applicant.
What does this mean for my old applications?
Any application you submitted in the old system, prior to September 17, 2018, is still being reviewed. If a manager is interested in you for the role, you will be contacted directly. If you do not receive any communication, the position has been filled/other applicants are being considered.
Which section of the new system is most important?
The PROFILE section is the most important.
If you are interested in applying for any open jobs, please fill out your PROFILE first, as this will be transferred to all future applications. If you do not fill out/edit your profile section before applying for a job, you will have to manually enter all profile information for every position you are interested in.
What are the password requirements?
Passwords must be 8 characters. They must include a combination of:
- at least 1 uppercase letter
- at least 1 number
What if I have trouble attaching my resume?
If you have any trouble with attaching a resume, you can email us directly. Please note that the subject line of your email should contain the Requisition # and Job Title of the position you are applying for.
We Are Middlesex Health
Our talented, diverse, highly-qualified team includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, medical assistants, environmental services staff, hospital access specialists, social workers, dietitians, administrators, engineers, and more. Each role is as important as the next in creating a safe and seamless patient experience.