MyChart is Middlesex Health's new patient information portal. It creates a single medical and financial record for you, so that you can see your medical information, interact with your providers' offices, and pay bills all in one easy-to-access place.
With MyChart you can:
- Access your medical records
- Communicate with your doctor via confidential electronic messages
- Pay your bill online
- Access appointment information, as well as request appointments with some doctors
- Access your list of medications and request or renew prescriptions
- Access your immunization (vaccine) records
- Access most lab and test results
- Access Fast Pass, which notifies you if a more convenient appointment time becomes available
- Use eCheck-in to review and update your patient information and complete pre-appointment paperwork online prior to a provider visit
- Help family members by linking their MyChart account to yours (with permission, of course)
Pay My Bill Online
MyChart makes it easy for you to pay your Middlesex Health bill online.
There are two ways to pay: through your MyChart account or as a guest (no login required).
There are two ways to create a MyChart account.
- At Your Provider's Office: Create an account with Middlesex Health staff at your provider office front desk or in an exam room during your appointment.
- Online: Create an account online. Online self-signup requires an activation code. You can get this code in two different ways:
- From your After Visit Summary after a Middlesex Health appointment
- Via email after you request an activation code online by clicking here and following the instructions below
Request an Activation Code & Sign Up Online
- From the MyChart login page, click SIGN UP NOW in the New User section.
- If you have an activation code from your After Visit Summary, enter the code and your personal verification information. If you need to request a code, click "Sign Up Online" under the "No Activation Code?" header.
- Enter your MyChart activation code and personal verification items and click NEXT.
- On the next page, follow instructions to create your MyChart ID, with username, password, and security question. This will be your MyChart login.
- Enter your email address and select YES to receive notification messages when there is new information available in your MyChart account.
- Click SIGN IN to view your medical records.
Yes! You can also create and access your MyChart account on your smartphone using the MyChart mobile app. This app is free and available for Apple and Android devices. It is a secure way to access the most frequently used MyChart features.
Visit the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) and search "MyChart" to get started. The logo for the app is a red folder with a white heart.
Technical support is available through our MyChart Support Center.
Our support team is available to help with technical trouble with your MyChart account. Examples of technical issues include not being able to log in or not being able to use your activation code.
To contact our Support Center:
- Call 860-358-4111. Phone support is available Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Submit an online help request. A member of our team will contact you within three business days.
If you have any questions or concerns about your health information in MyChart, please contact your provider's office directly. Please note that we cannot process emergency medical requests or answer medical questions from the Support Center.
You must be 18 years of age or older to open a MyChart account for yourself or to be a proxy for someone else's MyChart account.
Proxy access to MyChart is available for certain accounts. A proxy is someone other than the patient who can view a MyChart account that is not their own. A proxy may be a parent of a young child or teen, the adult child of an elderly parent, a spouse, a caregiver, or someone with power of attorney.
There are multiple levels of proxy access:
- Parent-Child, for Children Ages 0-12: The designated proxy has full access to the MyChart account.
- Parent-Child, for Children Ages 13-17: The designated proxy can view demographic information only. The proxy cannot edit the MyChart account or see any clinical information.
- Adult-Adult: The designated proxy has a pre-determined level of access to another adult's MyChart account.
At midnight on the day a child turns 18, parent-child proxy access is automatically removed. If that child would like their parent or guardian to continue to see their MyChart account, proxy access can be re-established. Emancipated minors have the option to terminate proxy access before they turn 18.
Help with Proxy Access
If you need assistance or have questions about proxy access to a MyChart account, please contact our support team.
Remember: You will NOT be able to access any behavioral health and/or mental health care information in MyChart, either as yourself in your own account or as a proxy.
Frequently Asked Questions
MyChart is a safe and easy way to access your medical and financial information. It protects your personal information through a series of secure access codes, personal IDs and passwords. It also uses the most advanced encryption technology available to ensure that only you and your health care team have access to your records.
Patients at Middlesex Health Family Medicine can use MyChart for their virtual visit starting on May 18, 2020. If you do not have a MyChart account, our staff can assist you in setting one up. You can also create your account online.
Our other offices are continuing to use the Zoom platform for virtual visits. MyChart visits will be available with other providers soon. We will provide updates as they become available.
The quality of your care will not be negatively impacted by the transition to the new portal system—you will still receive the same high-quality, compassionate service you expect from Middlesex Health. In fact, MyChart will allow your doctors and other providers to communicate more easily, which can make your experience even better.
However, like with the introduction of every new system, there will be a learning curve for providers. Please understand this and bear with us as we make this transition.
Because Epic/MyChart creates a single medical AND financial record for each patient, you can now pay a bill for a Middlesex Health visit through MyChart.
There are two ways to pay your bill through MyChart:
Please note: If your appointment or other visit to Middlesex Health occured BEFORE February 29, 2020, your bill will not be available in MyChart. You can still pay this bill online through our previous system, or you can pay by phone at 860-358-4870.
Middlesex Health is now offering MyChart because we have switched to Epic.
Epic is an online medical record system that allows all of your providers within Middlesex Health—and in other health systems—to communicate easily and better coordinate your care.
MyChart is the patient portal feature of the larger Epic software program that your doctors and other care providers will use to manage your care. Epic and MyChart are used by more than 250 health care organizations in the United States, including several others in Connecticut.
The video below explains how MyChart makes it easier for you and your healthcare provider to share your medical record with other healthcare providers.
No! The MyChart patient portal is a free service offered to patients at Middlesex Health. It is available because Middlesex Health uses the Epic electronic medical record system.
My Chart Tutorials
The New MyChart Experience
Linking Your Accounts
Sharing your Record
The New MyChart Experience
Linking Your Accounts
Sharing your Record