Why spend your time in our waiting room when you could be waiting in the comfort of your living room instead?
Our innovative new SmartER program makes the Marlborough Medical Center and Shoreline Medical Center emergency rooms more convenient than ever—letting you schedule your ER visit up to 8 hours in advance.
SmartER appointments are for non-life threatening EMERGENCIES, and will be billed as Emergency Department visits.
When to Call 911
The SmartER system should only be used for medical concerns that are not urgent. If you have a life-threatening or emergency medical condition, you should not register through the SmartER system. You should proceed immediately to a hospital emergency department or urgent care facility or call 911 for emergency medical services.
If you are unsure of whether you have a life threatening or emergency medical condition, you should not register through the SmartER system. You should proceed immediately to a hospital emergency department or urgent care facility or call 911 for emergency medical services.
Life threating or emergency medical conditions include, by way of example, but are not limited to, the following:
- A condition that may seriously jeopardize a person’s health
- A condition that may seriously impair a person’s bodily functions
- A condition that may cause serious dysfunction of a person’s organs or body parts
- A pregnant woman experiencing contractions or other serious concerns
- A serious mental health or substance abuse issue
To help keep you safe, you will be asked to agree to the following terms and conditions prior to booking a SmartER appointment:
- I have read the when to call 911 guide (above). In case of a serious health issue I understand to call 911. I have determined my condition is not life-threatening and I can wait until I arrive for evaluation and treatment.
- I understand that SmartER appointments are for non-life threatening emergencies, and will be billed as Emergency Department visits.