Specialties/Areas of Care
Dr. Slongwhite earned her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine and completed her residency in family medicine at UConn and St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.
Dr. Slongwhite also has an associate’s degree in American Sign Language interpreting from Northern Essex Community College, a bachelor’s degree in history from Mount Holyoke College, a master’s degree in audiology from the University of Massachusetts and a postbaccalaureate degree in pre-medicine from Goucher College.
Dr. Slongwhite has held various jobs over the years, including educational and curatorial assistant at The Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, personal care attendant and clinical audiologist.
She is a recipient of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Recognition Award, a University of Maryland School of Medicine award given in recognition of efforts to educate the university community about homophobia and transphobia and to promote equal rights.
LGBTQ Health, Clinical audiology
Education & Training
|Medical School||University of Maryland School of Medicine|
|Internship/Residency||University of Connecticut/Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center|
Locations & Appointments
1 Office Location
Middlesex Health treats patients in their emergency departments regardless of their ability to pay.
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- CarePartners of Connecticut
- Cigna (including Starbridge and Great West)
- Connecticut State Medicaid (Husky) A, B, C, D, Charter Oak
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Healthcare Value Management
- MHN (Behavioral Health services only)
- Northeast Health Direct
- Oxford Healthplans
- Private Health Systems (PHCS)
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare (including Golden Rule, UMR, United Behavioral Health, United Integrated Resources)
- Value Options (Behavioral Health services only)
Is this your profile? Request a change.