Middlesex Health Care at Home provides advanced, technology-driven medical care in the place most comfortable to you—home. Our care at home professionals are dedicated to offering the right mix of support, personalized care, and independence that you or your loved one needs. Our comprehensive services include a full range of in-home medical care, including:
- Skilled nursing
- Rehabilitation (physical, occupational, and speech therapies)
- Home health aides
- Social work
- Palliative care
- Hospice care
We also have an on-call nurse available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We pride ourselves on providing the best in homecare. By choosing Middlesex, you or your family member will benefit from comprehensive services provided by an organization that has provided quality care in and around our community for more than 100 years.
Get Started with Care at Home
To set up care or find out more about the caregiving process and eligibility, please contact one of our dedicated healthcare professionals, available Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday & Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Eligibility for Care at Home depends on a number of factors, including condition and insurance coverage.
To find out if you or a loved one qualifies for Care at Home services, please call us at 860-358-5600 to speak to a member of our team.
Middlesex Health Care at Home services are offered throughout Middlesex County and the surrounding areas. Towns within our service area include:
Skilled nursing care can be very helpful for patients with cardiac disease/heart failure, COPD/respiratory illness, diabetes, neurological disorders, and more.
Skilled Nursing Services
- Diabetes management
- Drain care, including for Aspira/Pleurx Drains
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Monitoring blood thinning medications (PT/INR Monitoring)
- IV therapy
- Post-operative care (care after surgery/an operation)
- Psychiatric nursing services
- Telehealth Services tracked by expert chronic care nurses
- Wound care for a variety of wound types, including wound vacs
- Wound/Ostomy Consults, by certified Wound and Ostomy Nurses
If you or a loved one is coping with chronic illness or recovering from a procedure, rehabilitation may be an important part of the care plan. Our highly-trained team of caregivers includes physical, occupational, and speech-language therapists, who can bring many of our programs right to you.
- Advanced Total Joint Program
Physical therapy services available seven days a week.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Care of Sick/Hospice/Palliative Care Patients
Physical, occupational, and speech therapy for patients on Palliative Care or Hospice.
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Maintenance Care
Support for patients with conditions such as ALS and MS.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
Physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy available.
- Pelvic Health and Incontinence Training (PHIT) Program
- Center for Oncology Rehabilitation Excellence (C.O.R.E.)
Physical, occupational, and speech therapy specifically for cancer patients and survivors.
Additional Rehabilitation Services + Specialty Programs
Our team comes from across Middlesex Health—which means we can offer a wide range of programs, services, and resources backed by the expertise and knowledge of the health system.
Specialty Programs + Services We Offer
- Cognitive Testing (MOCA - Montreal Cognitive Assessment)
- Evidence Based Fall Prevention Programs (Otago/CT Falls Collaborative)
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Low Vision Assessments and Home Modifications
- Staple Removal after Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement Surgeries
- Swallowing Assessments/Treatment (with Speech-Language Therapist)
- Therapeutic Modalities (Kinesio Taping, Biofeedback, Ultrasound, TENS)
- Total Joint Replacement Class
- Vestibular Rehabilitation (including Epley Maneuver/Canalith Repositioning)
We also offer evaluation, fitting, and training for:
- Custom Motorized and Manual Wheelchairs
- Durable Medical Equipment/Adaptive Equipment (i.e., walkers, shower chairs, lifts, etc.)
Our fees are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance or direct payment. In case of financial need, we will make every effort to adjust payments depending on the services needed and any outside resources available.
Please contact us at 860-358-5600 for details about the options available for you.
2 Specialty Care Locations