Middlesex Health Care at Home provides advanced, technology-driven medical care in the place most comfortable to you – home. Our care at home professionals are dedicated to offering the right mix of support, personalized care, and independence that you or your loved one needs. Our comprehensive services include a full range of in-home medical care:
- Skilled Nursing
- Full Rehabilitation
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Home Health Aids
- On Call Staff – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
We pride ourselves on providing the best in quality care at home. By choosing Middlesex, you or your family member will benefit from comprehensive services provided by a facility that has provided quality care for more than 100 years.
Getting started with Care at Home:
To set up quality homecare or find out more about the caregiving process & eligibility, please contact one of our dedicated healthcare professionals, available Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday & Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Our dedicated homecare professionals provide a variety of services to patients who suffer from the following ailments/limitations:
- Unable to leave home without maximum assistance and/or effort
- Unable to ambulate
- Unsteady gait with assistive device
- Unable to negotiate stairs
- Require assistance of 1-2 people to ambulate
- Require an assistive device to ambulate
- Poor ambulation – prone to falls
- Post-op weakness
- Severe dyspnea on exertion
- Difficult and taxing effort to leave home
- Medical restrictions – open draining wound, leg elevated at all times
- Severe dizziness
- Compromised mental status
What does it mean to be home bound?
To qualify for care at home, patients must be "home bound." This means that they don't leave the home unless it is to receive medical care, attend a religious service, or for special occasions like a funeral, graduation, or wedding.
If patients leave home several times a week for work, school, or non-medical purposes like dining out, they are not considered home bound.
Middlesex Health Care at Home services are offered in-home, but they are also available in nursing and assisted living facilities throughout Middlesex County and surrounding areas. Towns within our service area include:
- Deep River
- East Haddam
- East Hampton
- East Lyme
- Meriden (certain areas)
- Rocky Hill
We are proud to offer a wide-range of in-home services including:
- Different levels of care, given by Certified Home Health Aides, Registered Nurses, and other highly-trained professional caregivers
- Home safety evaluations
- Technology to keep you safe, including our Lifeline medical alert program and a telemonitoring service
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy
- Behavioral Health Services
- Specialized programs for heart health, mothers and newborns, and wound and ostomy care
- Palliative care and hospice services
For a full list of our services and descriptions of each program click here.
Fees can be covered by:
- private insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid
- other third party payment channels.
Care at Home services can also be financed directly by the patient and/or by the patient’s family members.
In cases of financial need, we will make every effort to adjust payment depending on the services and outside resources available.
3 Specialty Care Locations