Interventional Radiology (I/R)
Interventional Radiology also sometimes referred to as Special Procedures is a diagnostic or therapeutic procedure which is sometimes performed under local anesthesia. The procedure utilizes imaging guidance by a Radiologist or Surgeon. Sometimes the procedure can be performed under Ultrasound, CT, Fluoroscopy, or MRI.
Type of Interventional Radiology Procedures include:
- Biliary Drainage and Stenting
- Bleeding Internally
- Central Venous Access
- Gastrostomy Tube
- Hemodialysis Access Maintenance
- Infection and Abscess Drainage
- Needle Biopsy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
Your Care Team
1 Specialty Care Location
Requesting a copy of your images is quick and simple just call 860-358-6506.