Middlesex Health Pharmacy Residency Program
Middlesex Health is proud to offer an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists-accredited postgraduate year 1 (PGY-1) pharmacy residency. The 52-week program offers residents the ability to provide direct patient care, participate in pharmacy operations and administration, and contribute to quality and safety improvement through participation in various committees.
Our preceptors take pride in guiding and supporting our residents throughout their rotations and research projects to ensure their success. In 2021, the residency program director was named a Preceptor of the Year by UConn's School of Pharmacy, and he works collaboratively with other faculty members to ensure that pharmacy residents are well prepared as they start their careers.
- The deadline to submit a program application is Friday, January 6, 2023.
- Three letters of recommendations are required.
- A letter of intent must be submitted.
About Middlesex Health
Based in Middletown, Conn., Middlesex Health, a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, includes Middlesex Hospital, a not-for-profit magnet hospital with 275 beds, and two Middlesex Health Cancer Center locations. It also features three emergency departments and two urgent care centers, along with many other programs and services. Middlesex Health’s network of primary care physicians, medical and surgical specialists and other employees work to meet the needs of the Middlesex County and Connecticut shoreline communities.
Using innovative technology, Middlesex Health’s vision is to be the clear, first choice for medical care, and its mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality care and best experience possible.
Middlesex Health Pharmacy Department has 40 full-time staff members and provides 24-hour service. The pharmacy has automated drug distribution, computerized order entry and comprehensive intravenous admixture services to meet patients’ needs.
Nestled in the heart of Connecticut, Middletown and the surrounding Middlesex County make up one of Connecticut's most attractive places to live and work. Learn More
- Apply to the program through the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) "Program #11025"
- Application deadline: Friday, January 6, 2023.
- Required application materials include:
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Academic transcript
- Emergency Medicine
- Pharmacy Services
- Pain Management
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Pharmacy Management
- Critical Care
- Ambulatory Care
- Medication Safety / Quality Improvement
- Pharmacy Informatics / Data Analytics
- Conference travel and registration reimbursement
- Free parking
- Dedicated office space and computer
- A competitive benefits package
- Employee wellness perks
- Professional development opportunities
- Collegiality and collaboration
There are many great reasons to work at Middlesex Health, where we know that our employees are our greatest asset. Click on the links below to learn more about our organization and see if Middlesex if is a good fit for you. You can also visit our Careers homepage to learn about programs and initiatives, such as our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.