Pelvic Health During and After Delivery
Extra care and healthy healing, just for mom.
Pregnancy is an exciting time, and expectant and new mothers are mostly focused on preparing for delivery and caring for their newborn. Their own health becomes less of a priority. But pregnancy and delivery—even C-sections—have a big impact on pelvic health. Our innovative program includes:
- educational programs: during pregnancy, we can help you prepare your body for carrying and delivering a baby
- recovery resources: after delivery, we provide support and care that promotes healing
What conditions/symptoms do we care for?
- 3rd and 4th degree lacerations after delivery
- Abdominal muscle separation (diastasis recti)
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
What kind of providers will I see?
At Middlesex Health, we have physicians and therapists who are specially trained to treat pelvic floor disorders in post-partum women (women who have just given birth).
The providers you see will depend on your exact concerns. Your team of caregivers may include:
Our navigator can help guide you through the process of finding the right providers. This specialized provider can also provide education and support.