Personalized Care, For Everyone
Middlesex Health is committed to providing quality care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning+ members of our community in a safe, friendly and compassionate environment. We understand the challenge of finding inclusive, affirming health care that is free from discrimination or bias—especially during these challenging times.
We have developed a comprehensive set of LGBTQ+ clinical services across our health care continuum. We are one of only eight health care facilities in the State of Connecticut to be recognized by the Healthcare Equality Index as a LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader.
Our offices provide a safe, welcoming environment and the medical provider’s relationship with you is individualized to meet your specific needs.
Infectious Disease Testing and Treatment
Our Infectious Disease specialists can provide insight and expertise regarding the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infections of all types.
Behavioral Health Services
Middlesex Health’s psychiatrists and behavioral health clinicians are trained to help individuals, couples, and families work through issues and lead emotionally healthy lives.
Information + Resources
It can be difficult to find high-quality health information online. The Middlesex Health library and knowledge service experts have put together a series of useful and reputable resources for the LGBTQ+ community including helpful guides for navigating the healthcare system.
- Cancer facts for gay and bisexual men (American Cancer Society)
- Cancer facts for lesbians and bisexual women (American Cancer Society)
- For your health: recommendations for gay and bisexual men (CDC)
- Glossary of LGBTQ terms (Human Rights Campaign)
- New sexual orientation and gender identity questions: information for patients (National LGBT Health Education Center)
- Talking to your healthcare providers about being LBGTQ (National LGBT Health Education Center)
- Ten things gay men should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Ten things lesbians should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Ten things transgender persons should discuss with their healthcare providers (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)
- Trans health: fertility and you (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
- Trans health: sexual health for transmen (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
- Trans health: sexual health for transwomen (Center of Excellence for Transgender Health)
These resources have been prepared by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Nuevas preguntas sobre la orientación sexual y la identidad de género: Información para pacientes
- Pregunte y dígalo: Hable con su proveedor de atención médica sobre ser LGBT
- Salud trans: la fertilidad y usted
- Salud trans: salud sexual para hombres transgénero
- Salud trans: salud sexual para mujeres transgénero