Caregiver Support Group
On the second Wednesday of each month, gather with others providing care to loved ones for support, resources, and guidance.
About This Group
Gather together with others providing care to loved ones.
For those providing care to loved ones, there are many benefits to participating in a support group. They include:
- connecting with people who share similar experiences
- sharing solutions to challenges
- learning about available resources
- providing and receiving guidance in a judgement-free atmosphere
Who is this group for?
The support group is for anyone caring for a loved one—such as a parent, partner/spouse, child, or close friend—who has a chronic illness. Chronic illnesses include, but are not limited to, cancer, Alzheimers, dementia, Parkinsons, and congestive heart failure.
When does this group meet?
The Caregiver Support Group meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday from 1 p.m.–2:30 p.m. at the Middlesex Health Outpatient Center on Saybrook Road in Middletown. See below for parking and directions information.
Directions, Parking & Maps
Conference Room A at the Middlesex Health Outpatient Center (Saybrook Road) is located on the second floor. When you enter the Outpatient Center/Cancer Center Atrium:
- walk straight back past the reception desk to the glass wall
- turn right at the glass wall, then turn right again to face the elevators
- take the elevator to the second floor
- walk straight back towards Physical Rehabilitation and Occupational Medicine
The entrance to the Conference Room will be to your right, behind the waiting area for Physical Rehabilitation.
The Middlesex Health Outpatient Center Saybrook Road Campus offers a large, surface-level parking lot behind the building. As you pull in, follow signs for patient parking for 536 Saybrook Road. Once you have parked, please enter the building through the Atrium entrance under the drop-off pavilion.
Please Note: The front-side parking lot (closest to Saybrook Road) is now for staff, and the Outpatient Center entrance on the front of the building is now staff only.