Low Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening for High Risk Smokers
Screening Program for Lung Cancer, based on USPSTF recommendations.
- Annual low dose non-contrast chest CTs for 3 years.
- Radiation from low dose CT is 25% of a standard chest CT exam.
- Age 55-77
- Asymptomatic/no signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- With history of tobacco smoking of at least 30-pack years
- Who are current smokers or who have quit smoking within the last 15 years
- Middlesex Hospital
- Middletown Outpatient Center
- Marlborough Medical Center
- Shoreline Medical Center
Middlesex Central Scheduling
- Lung cancer screening is covered by private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid. Please pre-authorize exams.
- Routine MH radiology report to health care provider
- Letter to patient from the Nurse Navigator.
The Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator will assist in coordinating patient care. Call 860-358-2066.
- Exposure--radon, silica, cadmium, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, nickel.
- Family history of lung cancer.
- Personal history of lung cancer, lymphoma, head & neck cancer.
- Personal history of COPD or pulmonary fibrosis.