Specialties/Areas of Care
Inpatient Pediatric Infant Care
Transgender Care & Support
Lauren Melman, MD, IBCLC is a pediatrician and family medicine physician at Middlesex Health Family Medicine - Portland.
Training & Expertise
Dr. Melman is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She completed her residency at the Maine Medical Center Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, after earning her medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
Dr. Melman offers complete primary care for children, from infancy to adolescence. She is a board-certified lactation consultant and a member of the inpatient pediatric infant care team at the Middlesex Health Pregnancy & Birth Center. She also has a special interest in LGBTQ+ health.
More About Dr. Melman
Dr. Melman is a faculty physician at the Middlesex Health Family Medicine Residency Program and an assistant professor at multiple medical schools in Connecticut.
Outside of her practice, Dr. Melman enjoys spending time outdoors with her family. She also loves to cook.
Education & Training
|Internship/Residency||Maine Medical Center Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, Portland, ME|
|Medical School||University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT|
American Board of Pediatrics
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
Locations & Appointments
1 Office Location
Middlesex Health treats patients in their emergency departments regardless of their ability to pay.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare (including Golden Rule, UMR, United Behavioral Health, United Integrated Resources)
- Oxford Healthplans
- Connecticut State Medicaid (Husky) A, B, C, D, Charter Oak
- Northeast Health Direct
- Healthcare Value Management
- CarePartners of Connecticut
- Value Options (Behavioral Health services only)
- MHN (Behavioral Health services only)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Private Health Systems (PHCS)
- Cigna (including Starbridge and Great West)
Is this your profile? Request a change.