The Travel Clinic is a convenient, local service for pre- and post-travel-related medical needs. Time-saving counseling is provided by a board-certified Infectious Disease Specialist. Common travel-related vaccines are readily available and competitively priced. The Travel Clinic has access to up-to-date travel advisories from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and literature concerning issues that may be encountered while traveling.
- An Infectious Disease physician reviews the traveler’s itinerary in detail
- Recommended immunizations are determined according to the traveler’s specific destinations and history of previous vaccines
- Travelers are counseled about malaria prophylaxis, traveler’s diarrhea, and any other medically relevant aspects of their planned trip (e.g. seasickness, altitude sickness, HIV exposure/risk, food and water precautions, and rabies risk).
- The patient’s medical history and current medications are carefully reviewed to avoid potential drug-drug interactions with anti-malarial medications or travel vaccinations.
- The Travel Clinic is certified by the CT State Department of Health to administer Yellow Fever vaccine. All vaccinations are administered as determined by the Infectious Disease physician.
- The Travel Clinic is also available to assist patients, who return from their trips, with various travel-related medical problems (e.g. fever, diarrhea, dermatitis, etc.).
- The cost of travel-related counseling and vaccinations is often not covered by medical insurance. Travelers should be made aware of this prior to their visit, and they should be prepared to make full payment at the time of services rendered.
- Our charges are very competitive with other travel clinics throughout CT. Please call for prices.
- Call the office to make an appointment for full-service travel counseling and/or vaccinations.
- Travelers should be scheduled for their office visit at least three weeks prior to their departure date, to ensure adequate immunity while traveling.
- Groups welcome.
Your Care Team
1 Specialty Care Location