Professional Governance Model
Professional governance is a structure that empowers professional clinical nurses to contribute collaboratively as decision-makers regarding the nursing practice environment. This includes standards of practice, policies, and procedures, evidence-based practice and research, and quality and performance improvement.
At Middlesex Health, we have five standing councils overseen by the Nursing Governance Coordinating Board, which serves as the hub for organizing, prioritizing, and guiding the councils on Magnet and Strategic plan initiatives.
- Transformational Leadership Council
- Professional Development and Recognition Council
- Clinical Practice Council
- Research and Evidenced-Based Practice Council
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Council
If you would like to join a council for the first time or change to a different council, please visit the intranet for instructions.