This step-by-step photo guide will help you sign up for a MyChart account and get the MyChart app on your phone.
Choose Your Device
You can sign up for MyChart from a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- If you are signing up on a computer, simply follow the steps below.
- To sign up on your mobile device, click here for help downloading the app. Once you have the app set up, follow the instructions below.
Get Your Activation Code
If you are setting up your MyChart account online, you will need an activation code. You may already have a code from your After Visit Summary from a recent appointment at Middlesex Health.
Need a Code? If you do not have an activation code, click here to request one online. Your activation code will be emailed to you shortly after you submit the request form.
Sample Image of Activation Code Request Screen
Sign Up for MyChart
Once you have your activation code, you can follow the steps below to set up your MyChart account.
- Sign Up Now: Click here to go to the MyChart Sign Up screen.
- Enter Activation Code: Enter your activation code and other personal verification items, such as your date of birth. Click Next.
- Choose Your Login Credentials: You will be prompted to choose the following:
- MyChart Username: Choose something that others wouldn't be likely to guess but is easy for you to remember. Your username cannot be changed anytime.
- Password: Choose a unique combination of numbers and letters, using both uppercase and lowercase letters. Your password must be different from your MyChart username. Choose a password that you don't use for other websites.
- Security Question: Choose a question you can use to verify your identity if you forget your MyChart password. The answer you enter cannot include your MyChart password.
Congratulations, you're all signed up!
Download the MyChart App
If you want to sign up for MyChart on your cell phone or another mobile device, download the mobile app on your device first.
- On your mobile device, open the Apple App Store (if you have an iOS device) or the Google Play Store (if you have an Android).
- Search for MyChart. The icon is a red file folder with a white heart on it.
- Click Get or Install.
- After you've installed the app, click Open, or find the MyChart icon on your device and open it.
- Select Middlesex Health from the list of organizations. If you don't see it right away, you can search for Middlesex Health by name, state or ZIP code.
- After you've found Middlesex Health, follow the instructions (above) to sign up for an account.