Virtual Visits with MyChart
This step-by-step photo guide will help you get set up for your Virtual Visit through MyChart.
Video visits are a convenient way to meet with your provider without coming to the hospital or your doctor's office in person. Mobile devices are preferred, because most already have the appropriate camera and microphone setup for video visits. However, you can also use a web browser on a desktop computer or laptop.
Preparing Your Device
Using the MyChart App
- On your mobile device, download the free MyChart app.
- View your upcoming appointment.
- Log in to the MyChart app on your mobile device and tap the Appointments icon on the homescreen.Your scheduled video visit appears in a list. Tap it to open the details.
Using a Desktop/Laptop Computer
- Login to MyChart
- Run a test of your computer hardware. This ensures that you have the required hardware (camera, microphone, speakers) to conduct a video visit and that all hardware is enabled for use.
- Hover over the Visit icon and select Appointments and Visits.
- You will see your upcoming visit(s). Click the Details button.
- Click the Test Hardware button and follow the instructions on the video portal to test video and audio connection.
Complete Paperwork & Begin
You must complete eCheck-In before you are able to begin the video visit. eCheck-In can be done up to 2 days prior to your visit.
- Tap or click eCheck-In to complete the necessary steps prior to beginning your visit. Note: The eCheck-In button can be found next to the Test Hardware button. See instructions above.
- Review and update information as needed.
- Check the box to verify the information is correct and click Next to continue.
- If a copayment is due, you will be prompted to make a payment.
- Once all information is verified, and required information is submitted, you have completed eCheck-In.
- On the final screen, you can Confirm Appointment to let staff know you don't need a reminder call.
Begin Video Visit
- After you have completed eCheck-In, tap or click Begin Visit to connect (see green button at bottom right in image above).
- You may be asked if you want to allow access to the microphone and camera. Make sure to click Allow when prompted, or update the settings to allow camera and microphone access.
If the connection was successful, you'll be placed in a virtual waiting room. Your provider will be with you shortly!
Need Additional Help?
- Troubleshooting Tips (PDF)
- Contact the MyChart Support Center by calling 860-358-4111 or sending us a message.