Specialties/Areas of Care
da Vinci® Robot-Assisted Surgery
Hiatal Hernia Repair
Dr. J. Michael Parker is a fellowship-trained surgical specialist in colorectal surgery at the Middlesex Health Surgical Alliance.
Dr. Parker is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. He has completed two fellowships - one in colorectal surgery at the University of California and another in minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery at the Mayo Clinic. Prior to his fellowship training, Dr. Parker completed his residency in general surgery at New York Medical College.
Dr. Parker specializes in advanced treatment of many conditions. He offers robotic and laparoscopic approaches to treating colon and rectal cancers, and he can use colonoscopy or trans-anal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS) for the removal of difficult polyps. He performs an advanced procedure to treat ulcerative colitis, through creation of the "J-pouch" to restore continence. He also has advanced training in fecal incontinence, anorectal fistulas, and Crohn's disease.
- Abdominoperineal Resection (APR)
- Anal fistula surgery
- Colon resection
- Hemorrhoidal procedures
- Low Anterior Resection (LAR)
- Rectal resection
- TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
Education & Training
|Fellowship||Colorectal Surgery, University of Southern California|
|Fellowship||Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville|
|Internship/Residency||New York Medical College|
|Medical School||University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey|
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Locations & Appointments
1 Office Location
Middlesex Health treats patients in their emergency departments regardless of their ability to pay.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare (including Golden Rule, UMR, United Behavioral Health, United Integrated Resources)
- Oxford Healthplans
- Connecticut State Medicaid (Husky) A, B, C, D, Charter Oak
- Northeast Health Direct
- Healthcare Value Management
- CarePartners of Connecticut
- Value Options (Behavioral Health services only)
- MHN (Behavioral Health services only)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Private Health Systems (PHCS)
- Cigna (including Starbridge and Great West)
Is this your profile? Request a change.