Bone spur


Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen (Aleve), or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), may help.

When to make a doctor's appointment

See a doctor if:

  • Pain or swelling that persists
  • Trouble moving joint
  • Limited range of motion

Last Updated Oct 17, 2019

© 2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved. Terms of Use