- 1 tablespoon water
- 48 tiny frozen shrimp, thawed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 medium apples, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tomatoes, cored
In a nonstick frying pan, heat the water over medium heat. Add the shrimp and onion, and saute until the shrimp is opaque and the onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until well-chilled.
In a small bowl, add the apples and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the celery, parsley, dill, horseradish and mayonnaise. Add the black pepper to taste. Stir in the shrimp mixture and the apples. Refrigerate until well-chilled, 45 to 60 minutes.
Just before serving, stuff the shrimp salad into the cored tomatoes. Serve immediately.