- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups sliced and peeled tart apples (about 4 large apples)
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To prepare pie crust, mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix oil and water together with whisk. Add oil and water mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until dough holds together. Add a bit more water if needed. Press dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside until filling is prepared.
To prepare filling, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir and then spoon into prepared pie crust.
Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake 40 minutes, or until apples are tender.