- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups drained cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cups escarole, stacked, rolled and cut vertically into uniform strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and sage. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the vegetable stock, beans and tomatoes to the pot. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Transfer two-thirds of the soup to a blender or food processor and process until pureed. Stir puree back into the pot. Add the escarole, salt and pepper. Cook until escarole is wilted, about 2 minutes.