Video: Alfredo sauce
Tip: This creamy sauce is low in fat, thanks to skim milk and low-fat cream cheese.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 1/3 cups skim milk.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon white pepper.
- Stir until well-blended.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 15, 2018