Video: Basil pesto stuffed mushrooms
Basil pesto stuffed mushrooms
Tip: This appetizer can be prepared a day in advance. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Line crimini mushroom caps in baking pan.
- Add 2 cups fresh basil leaves.
- Add 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh garlic.
- Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Process until evenly mixed.
- Stuff mushroom caps with basil pesto filling.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup melted butter and 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with 1 teaspoon panko topping.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 16, 2018