Video: Caramelized balsamic vinaigrette
Caramelized balsamic vinaigrette
Tip: This dressing will solidify when stored. Gently warm in a microwave or saucepan for a few seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Add 6 tablespoons sugar.
- Heat until caramelized.
- Add 1/2 cup dark balsamic vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add 4 garlic cloves.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Stir and set aside to cool.
- Strain garlic.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 16, 2018