Video: Chicken Parmesan
Tip: Many chicken Parmesan recipes are drowning in cheese — and calories. This version uses a solid sprinkle.
- Add 1 cup panko bread crumbs.
- Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add 2 teaspoons dry basil.
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Add 2 teaspoons dry oregano.
- Add 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- Pound out 4 chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place 2 egg whites in medium bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg whites.
- Dredge in breading mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 F.
- Add 2 cups reduced-sodium marinara sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program
Last Updated Mar 16, 2018