Video: Herbed Asiago polenta
Herbed Asiago polenta
Tip: Polenta is served soft and creamy or firm and fried. This version uses the oven to achieve crispy golden squares.
- Boil 8 cups water.
- Add 2 cups stone-ground corn grits.
- Cook until thick and creamy.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme.
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 4 ounces shredded Asiago cheese.
- Place polenta mixture in baking pan.
- Allow mixture to set up for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Bake 10 minutes at 375 F.
- Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and herbs, if desired.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 16, 2018