Video: Lemon pudding cakes
Lemon pudding cakes
Tip: As this dessert bakes, a cake layer will form on the top with a creamy pudding layer underneath.
- Separate whites and yolks of 2 eggs.
- Place egg yolks in mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add 1 cup skim milk.
- Add 1/3 cup lemon juice.
- Add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted better.
- Add 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel.
- Whisk 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar.
- Beat until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Place 1/2 cup mixture into each custard cup.
- Fill with boiling water until halfway up the sides.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 F.
- Cool before serving.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 17, 2018