Video: Pecan-crusted tofu
Tip: If you've never tried tofu, this is an excellent introduction. Use whatever nuts you have on hand.
- Add 1/2 cup pecans.
- Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Process until combined.
- Place in medium bowl.
- Cut 15 ounces extra-firm tofu into 5 planks.
- Whisk 1/2 cup egg whites.
- Dip tofu planks into egg whites.
- Dip into pecan mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey.
- Stir until smooth.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 17, 2018