Tip: These golden-brown cakes are packed with nutrients and protein. Serve with a side salad.
- Cut 3 sweet potatoes into spears.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 F.
- Cook 1 cup quinoa.
- Add baked potatoes.
- Add cooked quinoa.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Add 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Add 6 ounces Gruyere or Parmesan cheese.
- Add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Mix until combined.
- Form quinoa mixture into 1/4-cup patties.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook until cakes are golden brown.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 375 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 17, 2018