Video: Roasted Cornish hen
Roasted Cornish hen
Tip: The hen will continue to cook while it's resting, so pull it out of the oven before it reaches your desired doneness.
- Place 2 pounds Cornish hen in baking dish.
- Add 1 orange.
- Add 1 garlic clove.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- Add another 1/2 teaspoon thyme and rosemary.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Gently slide 1 garlic clove underneath skin.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 375 F.
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes until internal temperature is 165 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 17, 2018