Video: Smoked Gouda and vegetable poached egg sandwich
Smoked Gouda and vegetable poached egg sandwich
Tip: You can roast peppers by placing them directly over a gas burner or grill for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Roast 2 bell peppers 10 to 15 minutes in oven or on grill.
- Cover peppers with plastic wrap.
- Remove the skin.
- Add 1 cup sliced onions.
- Cook for 6 minutes until caramelized.
- Arrange cooked onions on English muffins.
- Add roasted peppers.
- Add 3 ounces smoked Gouda cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F.
- Simmer 6 cups water.
- Add 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- Add 6 large eggs, one at a time.
- Poach for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top English muffins with poached eggs.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.