Video: Soft chocolate cake
Soft chocolate cake
Tip: You'll need 2 round cake pans or 1 extra-deep pan. Coffee helps give the chocolate its deep color.
- Add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour.
- Add 2 cups sugar.
- Add 3/4 cup cocoa powder.
- Add 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- Add 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Slowly add 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour equal amounts into each cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 20, 2018