Video: Steak with chimichurri sauce
Steak with chimichurri sauce
Tip: Chimichurri is a vibrant, green sauce, originally from Argentina. It's great on grilled meats and seafood.
- Add 1/2 cup red wine vinegar.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Add 2 shallots.
- Add 4 garlic cloves.
- Add 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves.
- Add 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh oregano.
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Process until blended.
- Place marinade in a bowl.
- Add 1 pound skirt steak.
- Let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Set out at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill for 2 to 4 minutes on one side.
- Allow grill marks to be made before turning or flipping.
- Cut into 2-inch thick pieces.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.
Last Updated Mar 22, 2018