Video: Stuffed quinoa peppers
Stuffed quinoa peppers
Tip: Stuffed peppers are often made with ground meat. This meatless version is just as satisfying, thanks to a hearty mix of quinoa, walnuts, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 1 cup chopped zucchini.
- Add 6 Roma tomatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- Add 1 stalk celery.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts.
- Add 3 garlic cloves.
- Add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme.
- Cook until tender.
- Add 4 cups cooked quinoa.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Place 1/2 cup quinoa mixture into each pepper half.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.