Video: Sweet potato gnocchi
Sweet potato gnocchi
Tip: Baking sweet potatoes will bring out their natural sweetness, but you can microwave or boil them if you're in a hurry.
- Place 3 medium mashed sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- Add 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour.
- Add 1 egg.
- Add 2 tablespoons shredded Gruyere cheese.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Knead dough until smooth.
- Boil water in large saucepan.
- Roll dough into ropes.
- Cut dough into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Place pieces into boiling water.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes until gnocchi float.
- Stir occasionally to prevent dough pieces from sticking together.
- Strain gnocchi.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Saute until gnocchi turns light brown color.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.