We offer two asthma management programs; one tailored to the unique needs of children and one for adults living with asthma.
The Little AIR program is a patient care program for children with asthma. Little AIR works collectively with the child, parents, and physician. We work as a team to put together a coordinated plan for the child’s asthma, including the daycare provider or school personnel as needed.
Using one-to-one guidance, the goal is to teach the asthmatic child and parents:
- How to use a peak flow meter and what the results mean
- What are asthma triggers, and how to avoid them
- How to properly use their asthma medication
We work with you and your physician to develop a customized treatment and follow-up plan to manage your asthma. This program offers the following:
- Individual one on one assessment
- Guidance in the use of a peak flow meter to monitor lung capacity
- Education on how to properly use your asthma medications
- Home assessment to determine environmental triggers.
- Advice on how to lessen or eliminate asthma triggers.
Call us at 860-358-5420