Barbecue chicken pizza
If you're using a pizza stone, heat it in the oven before you put the pizza on it to bake.
- 1 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- One 12-inch thin, whole-grain pizza crust
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced about 1-inch thick, with all visible fat removed
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza crust. Add the pepper, tomato, mushrooms and chicken. Drizzle barbecue sauce over the pizza and top with cheese.
Bake about 12 to 14 minutes. Cut the pizza into 8 slices and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Total carbohydrate: 28 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Dietary fiber: 5 g
Monounsaturated fat: 2 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Serving size: 2 slices
Sodium: 475 mg
Total fat: 7 g
DASH Eating Plan Servings
Dairy foods (low-fat or fat-free): 1
Grains and grain products: 1
Meats, poultry and fish: 1
Diabetes Meal Plan Choices
Meat and meat substitutes: 2
Nonstarchy vegetables: 3
Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid Servings
Protein and dairy: 1
Last Updated Sep 13, 2019