Strawberries and cream cheese crepes
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 prepackaged crepes, each about 8 inches in diameter
- 8 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar for garnish
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, warmed
Heat the oven to 325 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese until smooth using an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on each crepe, leaving 1/2 inch around the edge. Top with 2 tablespoons strawberries. Roll up and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Cut crepes in half. Transfer to four individual serving plates. Sprinkle each with powdered sugar and top with 1/2 tablespoon caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Total carbohydrate: 17 g
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Dietary fiber: 0.5 g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.5 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Serving size: 1/2 crepe
Sodium: 161 mg
Total fat: 7 g
DASH Eating Plan Servings
Fats and oils: 1
Grains and grain products: 1/2
Diabetes Meal Plan Choices
Sweets, desserts and other carbohydrates: 1/2
Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid Servings
Last Updated Jun 17, 2017