- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces beef sirloin, select grade, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas, about 8 inches in diameter, warmed in the microwave
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dredge the sirloin pieces in the seasonings, coating completely. In a nonstick frying pan, cook the sirloin strips over medium heat until slightly pink, about 8 minutes. Add the onion and green pepper strips and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
To serve, spread an equal amount of the meat and vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1/4 of the diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold both sides of each tortilla up over the filling, and then roll to close. Serve immediately.