- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers (seeds removed)*
- 4 green onions, diced (including green stems)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 fat-free whole-grain tortilla wraps, 10 inches in diameter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
*Use gloves when handling chilies and don't touch your face or eyes.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add the black beans, corn, cilantro, chili peppers, onions, tomato and garlic. Stir to mix evenly. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat until the mixture is hot.
Place 2 tortillas between paper napkins or paper towels and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
To serve, place about 1/2 cup bean mixture on 1 tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold in the sides and fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.