- 6 whole-grain corn tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 large eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons purchased fresh salsa
Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously spray 6 (8-ounce) custard cups with cooking spray and place on a cookie sheet.
Place tortillas in the microwave and heat for about 25 seconds or until they are warm and flexible. Gently press a tortilla into each cup. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray.
Place beans in a small bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato masher. Add cumin and stir until combined.
Spoon the bean mixture into tortillas, dividing evenly. Crack 1 egg into each tortilla on top of the beans.
Place cookie sheet with egg cups in the oven and bake for about 24 to 27 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are soft.
Sprinkle each egg with grated cheese and return to oven for an additional minute or until the cheese is melted.
Remove eggs from oven and run a table knife around the tortillas to loosen them from the custard cups. Then transfer to plates. Top with fresh salsa and serve immediately.